Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NO-FACEBOOK NOVEMBER

In a little over a week, a new month will be right on our doorstep. While some men (and some women) will be looking to toss out their razors, and others will engage in fervent writing endeavors, I found myself wanting to pick up something new. And then the thought came: why not give up Facebook for a month?

I know plenty who give up Facebook for lent, but my head has never been in the right place to welcome that challenge until recently. I have wrestled with the idea of getting rid of Facebook for a bit, debating whether it was worth it, maybe I would give it up once I graduated. For me, Facebook is yet another way to be always reachable, something I am admittedly trying to escape. Sometimes the feeling of being expected to be available 24/7 is slightly overwhelming. And maybe these are just self-imposed pressures, not as serious as they feel, but I figure what's one month?

With Thanksgiving around the corner, I want to be more appreciative of the people in my life and focus on sincerely communicating with them; without Facebook at my fingertips, I hope to put more energy into connecting with my those I love face-to-face more often.

I think it'll be harder than I'd like to admit, but I'm looking forward to this adventure and hope maybe you'll tag along too!

No comments:

Post a Comment