Sunday, September 23, 2012

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT: HASHTAG #RESLIFE

'ello!

In my last Sunday Snapshot post, I mentioned that the other resident director and I would be venturing to other halls... and indeed we did!


Home Sweet Homa floor! Love it.

Big Bang Theory, Mario, I Love Lucy, and Aliens.
Really got a chuckle out of the alien floor (literally, a chuckle.)

I LOVE PRINCESS AND THE FROG!
Such an amazing floor.

Two buddy RAs did matching Dr. Seuss and it
turned out so well. One of my favorites for sure.

Angry birds! Van Gogh, dinosaurs, and heroes -
that Simba was an excellent use of window chalk.

Also, our center has been flying solo for a little while on account of our supervisor adding a new little darling to his family. We wanted to send him some love...


Last year we started this "tradition" of picking a theme for our marker board and matching things in that category to staff's personality. The only thing I remember from last year was that I was Rachael Harris (celebrities) & a kiwi (food items.) In addition to the two below, we've done Historical Figures and X-Men so far this year. And if you think this is simple stuff, you'd be surprised at how many battles we have about pinning a person to a categorical item (X-Men was created by one staff member, re-done by two disagreeing staff members, only to be reinstated. It gets real y'all.)

I never knew there were so many Crayola colors in the world.

So. Accurate.

And lastly, in addition to working with my RA staff, I get to meet and work with a wonderful group of freshmen ladies in our leadership program. I send them weekly e-letters about application deadlines, scholarship details, and upcoming events. We have our first dinner next week!


xoxo e

No comments:

Post a Comment