Saturday, September 22, 2012

DECLUTTERING: PART ONE

The past couple of weeks I have been feeling stressed and bogged down by things that I can only really refer to as "stuff." I felt perpetually behind in all my tasks, each day weighing heavier on my sanity as I either had to push myself to my personal limits to get my slate clean on any given day or dread each morning waking to a longer to-do list. I finally came to the conclusion that my life is in serious need of decluttering. I've often heard the best way to do this is to declutter in stages. Over the next few months I intend to do this and will blog my progress. What with graduating in less than a year, it is best now to get rid of everything I don't need and I'm sure this will add much needed clarity in my life!

So first, my closets.

What better way to use the new iPhone panoramic camera?
My closets are overpacked (what you don't see here is the four loads of laundry I need to do as well). I may or may not be addicted to buying clothes that I sometimes don't get around to wearing, and I may or may not hold onto clothes that hold some sentimental value, even if they don't fit or aren't my style anymore. The next month I am committed to not buying any more clothes and making use of what I will never wear again. I am dreading the day I have to be honest with myself about what I will and won't wear - I am ALWAYS one to think 'well I may wear it, so I'll keep it...' even when I know in my heart that's not true. Or I know in my brain that whoa nelly, girl you're way too old to be wearing that. But I know it's something I have to do.
And in case anyone was curious as to the other half of the pan shot,
I was watching Young & the Restless. And no, I don't consider
soap operas to be clutter in my life because
I NEED TO KNOW IF VICTOR IS ALIVE.
If anyone knows someone who is great at making t-shirt quilts, please let me know because I'm sure that is an avenue I'll look into for my massive amount of free t-shirts I've acquired in college. Any closet cleansing tips? Let me know those too!

xoxo e



No comments:

Post a Comment