Monday, June 18, 2012

NEW BEGINNINGS, OLD PICTURES

Well if you haven't noticed - "Collegiate and Crafty" got a facelift! And a name change.
I am just in love with the bright, poppy colors. It feels so much more me. Bold, yet feminine (or at least, I'd like to believe.)

And the name change. Well. I never felt super tied to Collegiate and Crafty... it just seemed like something kitschy that matched what I was doing. I mean, I'm still doing the same things, but it just seemed like a name that wouldn't grow with me. Also, I've been contemplating an Etsy shop, so I wanted to find a name I could use on multiple platforms (I changed my Twitter name as well.)

If you're unfamiliar with the phrase "honor bright," it is from D. H. Lawrence's short story Rocking Horse Winner and basically means "honestly" or "I promise." I've always had a certain attachment to it.

Now on with the post!


I don't believe I ever posted pictures of my new place, so I took some quick snapshots to do so! The place certainly isn't done yet by any means (but you would think it would be, after living here for a year...) but these are just some of my favorite things.

Flowers in mason jar, made by mamacrafter.
Southern things tray I blogged about last June.

Wreath, also made my mamacrafter!
The jar is filled with goodies for Alecks, and the
faux-old booklet is from TJ Maxx.

Frames by the entrance. 

A year later, and the top frame is still plaguing me. HALP.
Also, this cute, yarned 'E' use to be in the top blank space,
but it tragically fell & shattered one night. Sigh.

Bought this globe & stand for $1 at a garage sale - color
me elated! Just painted the base cream to match the room.

This is my little owly, bought on sale at Hobby Lobby
around Thanksgiving. Love him.
But really, if you have suggestions for my other frame I really want to hear them. I'm tired of looking at a blank frame. Speaking of blank frames, someone please tell me I'm not the only one who buys beautiful frames only to never find the right picture for them?! Last year our fence blew down and so we had a ton of wooden planks to get rid of - enter Talia Christine's beautiful DIY wooden picture frame. So I made the frame last summer. Here's what it looks like today:

Yep. Still empty. One of these days I'll hang pictures...

Crossed fingers a lot more crafting to come this week.
Hope your Monday is lovely!

xoxo e

No comments:

Post a Comment