Friday, March 23, 2012

spring break: knights, giraffes, and food oh my!

Just got back to town about 45 minutes ago!

For spring break I went back home to Texas, and had a friend tag along. The first couple of days were filled with lots of relaxing, hanging out with my puppies, and catching up on soap operas. Not that I wanted to do more than that, but it was also hard considering the MONSOON that decided to hit the area! Rain. for. days. Goodness gracious.

The last days there were spent doing an assortment of things...

...Like shopping! I picked up 4 new dresses for the upcoming ACPA conference in Louisville. I am in love with the prints! Fun fact: I literally took 30 different dresses off the rack. Dresses are my favorite thing in the whole wide world.

That night we went to Medieval Times! I hadn't been there in ages. AGES. It was a blast, the food was delicious, and we all had a good time even though our yellow knight got robbed of the winningest title.. Oh and we got to tour the Museum of Torture. That was, um, interesting to say the least.

And the last full day we drove to Fossil Rim Animal Center in Glen Rose, TX! It's a drive-through zoo basically, and we saw a lot of cool animals including this one giraffe who didn't have to stay in his pen. Unfortunately the cars in front of us all fed him too much so he left right before we were going to feed him [insert sad face.] But he was really pretty. 

And LASTLY,
my blog wouldn't be my blog if I didn't tell you how to make something, right?
The last night we had a childhood favorite of mine - dogburgers! Instead of shaping the hamburger meat like a patty, you shape it like a hot dog. It's kind of a mindblowing experience... well at least when I was 8 it was. It is also a really great way to have burgers & hot dogs at a barbecue and not have to deal with buying multiple buns (and hopefully also helping to avoid the 10 hot dogs:8 hot dog buns scenario.) 

All in all, a good break that got me really looking forward to summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment