Friday, March 9, 2012

Dream Jobs

Hello all!

Lately I've had "dream jobs" on my mind lately, and on a lazy Friday afternoon, I thought writing a blog post about it seemed like a good thing to do! So with no further ado, my top three dream jobs.

1. Residence Life Cross-Campus and Community Representative
Okay, to some extent this is part of all of our jobs, yes? But what I really want is a specific job that allows me the time to exclusively foster strong relationships with different departments and organizations in the community for means of co-collaboration. Collaboration is something very important to me, and I believe that there is so much potential for great programming waiting to be tapped. Too many times I think we work independently (not to say it is not necessary) but I can only imagine what would happen if we often teamed up to provide for our students. I want to know, and work, with other University and community members to create a more enriching environment for our students during their time at college. Does this position exist at your school? Your opinions?

2. Graphic Designer for Residence Life Programs
OKAY Y'ALL. I just really love design. I would probably get boosted from this job if I ever had it quickly by a legitimate graphic designer, but it still is a dream job. Marketing usually takes care of the big H&F things in terms of publicity, but I wish I could help with publicity for RAs, RSA/RHA, and Faculty-in-Residence programs in all residence halls. Actually, I think what I most want to be is a graphics and event consultant. I don't know everything, but I really really do love design. And I think it is such an important factor in programming. And I just want to help everyone be successful! Dream job for sure.


3. Women's Suit Boutique Owner
When I look for suits for interviews or the job, all I see is drab, antique, or pricy. Some say clothes don't matter or shouldn't matter, but I think they do. For some, loving an outfit and looking good in it is quite a confidence booster. In regards to drabness, I feel like the focus is always on black, grey, and tan suits, but I do think prints and color can have a place in the business world. Truthfully, I want to revolutionize the way we think about women's suits - there is a way to look classy but fun (happy!) and not look gaudy. I imagine a world of delicate colors and feminine floral prints, or bright graphic prints for the bolder woman. And when I say suits I mean suits, not bodycon skirts and cropped blazers. I'm not even sure you can get the look I'm thinking of, but if you can it means going to a countless number of stores and paying a hefty amount. I want to create a store specifically for the fashion-driven women who don't want to break their bank account, where they can conveniently find beautiful separates all under one roof.

What is/are your dream job(s)? Do they exist - are you pursuing them to make them exist? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment