Tuesday, November 16, 2010

where in the world...

I think I'm finally wanting to grow up (of all things!)

I am beyond excited to get back to grad school and pursue a wonderful career.
I am beyond excited to think of all the opportunities available to me, and to have the confidence to pursue them!
I'm excited for internships, graduate assistantships, traveling to other schools and learning.

Visited my alma mater this weekend and realized how much I love being on campus - how much I miss it.
I went to a friend's apartment (a fellow former RA) and I realized how I've never had that much independence. I think I've spent a lot of time living for others. This isn't to say I mind it, I enjoy helping others and trying to make people happy, but I am finally focusing a lot more on my life.

Though the "plan" is to go to graduate school the next two years, I'm already looking into after that. I am investigating schools I would like to work for and what route within the university realm I am really wanting to take. I really want to get out of Texas and Oklahoma and branch out. I am currently looking at colleges/universities in Oregon, Washington, Utah, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana, and maybe Pennsylvania. Phew! I just really want something new.

I am trying to look into possible internships I could do in the summer at a campus in one of those states. I'm not really sure what exists out there, but I would absolutely love to spend a summer doing an awesome internship at a school in those locations! Just thinking about it has me so happy, haha.

If you have any feedback as to summer internships I could pursue during grad school or any advice on which schools to look into, feel free to let me know!

“I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.” - William Allen White

No comments:

Post a Comment