Friday, December 10, 2010

not your typical craft project...

There is this hilariously cute, somewhat odd, YouTube video that my friend absolutely loves. It's called Marcel the Shell with Shoes on (WATCH IT!)

Marcel is such a precious little character that I couldn't help but want to remake him and gift him to my friend who adores him.

Introducing my version of Marcel:
The shoes were made out of white and pink polymer clay (I know they could be better...) It was my first time working with the clay, so hopefully next time it will be better. I just bought a bag of shells from Hobby Lobby and picked the one that looked most like him, and the lettuce looking part behind his eye is just neon green tissue paper.

Super simple and I thought he turned out too cute!
xoxo erikah

No comments:

Post a Comment